Legal Care Direct
The legal benefit is provided by a national discount legal referral service. Members are referred to plan attorneys based on location, language and area of law. Attorneys have an average of 19.4 years of experience. Plan attorneys will either charge $125.00 per hour, or 40% off their usual and customary hourly rate, whichever is greater, for legal care that goes beyond the free and discounted services.
- A national network of thousands of attorneys in all 50 states.
- Plan attorneys will either charge $125.00 per hour, or 40% off their usual and customary hourly rate, whichever is greater.
- A 10% discount on all Contingency based cases
- The referred attorney will provide members with nine free services*, which include:
- Unlimited initial phone consultations for new legal matters.
- Initial one-on-one consultations for new legal matters.
- Attorney review of independent legal documents (6 page max.) per new matter.
- When deemed appropriate by plan attorney, attorneys will write letters on member’s behalf.
- When deemed appropriate by plan attorney, attorneys will make phone calls on member’s behalf.
- Assistance in solving problems with government programs such as welfare and INS.
- Plan attorneys will help members represent themselves in small claims court.
- Free simple will with annual updates.
- A state specific, web based, free Living Will form is available to members on the legalcaredirect.com website. This form can be notarized by a Notary Public.
*In certain situations, attorney liability may require plan attorneys to ask for a retainer from the member prior to providing some of the free Legal Services.
This is only an outline of benefits. Please see the Legal Care Direct website for a complete description of benefits.